DOMESTIC STUDENTS click here to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan or to Submit your Waiver Request.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS click here to ENROLL in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS click here to Submit your Waiver Request if you meet the requirements listed below.
International Student Waiver Requirements
2018-2019 Academic Year
All international students attending Trinity University on a non-immigrant Visa status who are enrolled in 9 or more hours or participating in a full time graduate program are required by the University to have health insurance and to submit proof of insurance annually. The University has established three circumstances in which an international student can request a waiver to the student health insurance plan by providing alternative health insurance coverage. In order to be approved for a waiver, your alternate health coverage must meet or exceed the requirements as set forth below and be submitted by the August 29, 2018 waiver deadline.
A. Criteria to submit a waiver request:
1. Student is sponsored by the US or a foreign government, recognized by the US, and they guarantee payment of all health care expenses including medical evacuation and repatriation.
2. Student is covered by a U.S. employer health insurance plan or by a parent/spouse’s U.S. employer health insurance plan.
3. Student is covered by a health insurance plan offered through the Affordable Care Act insurance exchange.
Please note: travel plans or plans that require you to pay for treatment yourself and then apply for reimbursement will NOT be acceptable for waiving the Trinity University plan.
B. If you meet one of the above criteria, then your alternative health insurance coverage must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Medical coverage is unlimited
2. Deductible is $500 or less
3. Medical Evacuation Coverage is $10,000 or more
4. Repatriation Coverage is $7,500 or more
5. Insurance carrier meets federal solvency guidelines
6. Dates of coverage meet or exceed the requirement for the policy year.
C. If your alternate coverage meets the above minimum requirements, acquire the following scanned documents to submit a waiver request:
1. The front and back of your insurance card
2. The insurance policy benefits summary, in English, that identifies you as a covered individual, provides the dates of your coverage, and clearly indicates that the coverage meets or exceeds the minimum requirement. Coverage amounts must be in US dollars.
3. The proof of medical evacuation and repatriation coverage (if you have this coverage)